Friday, June 3, 2011

Last day as a 0 - end of an era.

This post is about my baby's last day as an 0!! Has a year really already past?  I stop and think about the day I found out I was pregnant (October 5, 2009) - has it really been nearly two years.  I still get tingles thinking back to that day.  The day my life changed forever.  The day that I knew something bigger, more important than myself existed and I took on the responsibility (not without fear). 

This time last year...oh the joy!!  I feel like my life was just beginning.  It's hard to remember my life before Anderson!  Isn't that strange?  I was 37 when Anderson was born and I did have a life before he was born, but those memories are so distant.  What was important then are not even on the radar anymore.  Funny how that is. 

Tomorrow Anderson is a one year old.  I am a mother of a one year old.  I am no longer a new mother. (Ok maybe I am, lets not get ahead of ourselves). 

Oh my heart is going to explode!!  I wanted to spend today just cuddling, holding and kissing my little guy...but no I am at work trying to get these urgent issues done to go home and get my last minute party errands done.  Still so MUCH to do. 

Love Note to Anderson:

Happy Last day as "baby" Anderson.  Mommy loves you - today and everyday, but more today than yesterday.  You are my joy.  My purpose.  My being.  I feel so much love for you that sometimes I don't know what to do with myself!  It's overwhelming and I find myself tearing up.     

I see a change in your look...you actually look like a toddler - so grown up.  You are becoming a child and no a longer a baby. Although I wish time would slow down a bit, I am happy to sit back and enjoy the ride that loving you brings!!  All I can do is try to live in the present and celebrate each fleeting moment of your childhood.  Your babyhood...I feel it slipping away so quickly.  (Don't worry, I have a feeling that I will be calling you my baby FOREVER!!) 

Anderson you bring so much joy and life to our family, and you give my days purpose and meaning.  I am more than honored to be your mommy...a title I take to heart everyday.  Thank you for all the joy, the smiles, the love.  Your smile every morning - I live for that!  

I could go on and on.  But for now know that I love you to the moon and back twice.  That's a lot.  

God Bless you Anderson!  Happy Almost Birthday!! 

Love, 
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment