Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Almost One

I'm doing my best to savor my baby.  He is turning one in a few days.  Can you believe it?

I like to watch him.  I just like to look at him.  I feel like he grows overnight.  I swear he is bigger sometimes the next day.  Last night I worked late and as I was driving home I began to get teary eyed.   What is wrong with me?  I missed him.  I hadn't seen him in 11 hours and I started to tear up because I missed him so much.  Oh jeese.  I am a sap. 

When I drove into the driveway.  There was A hanging out with VoVo and daddy.  Daddy had him on a new outdoor rug and A was getting use to the texture.  He chose to just lie down and look up at the sky (so cute).  I immediately wanted to just scoop him up and shower him with kisses!  But I contained myself.  A's big smile was enough to tie me over.  I gave Daddy a kiss first (I read somewhere that we as new moms should always kiss Daddy first - should I still consider myself a "new mom") then I kissed my mom (who took the day off to be with my baby ALL day).  Then I wanted to just squeeze him.  But you know what.  He wanted Daddy.  Go figure.  Burst my bubble.   

I love you my little guy.  You are slowly taking over my entire heart.  Actually you already have.  You own it.  You owned it as soon as I found out I was pregnant.  Then it became solidified when you were born (nearly a year ago).  And NOW?  Now, I'm just walking around with baby Anderson hearts all over my thoughts, feelings and emotions.  I love you to the moon and back, multiple times.  Happy almost first birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment