Monday, June 4, 2012

34 - Another Awesome week!!

How far along?  34 weeks (5/31/12)

Total weight gain:  Up seven pounds total    
  
Size of baby:   Butternut Squash (According to the Bump)


Milestones (What Baby Center Says:):

Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.

Maternity clothes?  I am wearing both maternity and non-maternity.  Today - I am wearing a maternity top (my new blue and white stripes shirt that is super long) and my black non- maternity trousers (they are tight - I will have to unbutton before the day is out).       

Food cravings or aversions:  Nothing this week.  Sweet cravings are not bad.  I have to get the candy out of my house before I cave.

Sleep:  Sleep has been the same this week.  We are in full party mode this week (preparing for Anderson's second birthday party) and there is some stress which is affecting my ability to fall asleep.  There are many nights where I am in bed, exhausted, but still awake...making the same to do list in my head over and over.  I still love my pillows and I notice a huge discomfort without them (like when Alex steals one).  I still wake up once a night (at least) to go to the bathroom.   

Symptoms:  Another good week this week!  I am so happy!!  All I have to say is thank GOD.  I have prayed to keep my body healthy and for my baby to continue to grow and be healthy.  Please GOD, let this be the way for the next 5 weeks!  

The pelvis pain is minimal, the sugar numbers are good and the swelling is ok.  I am definitely exhausted as I commute home.  I am starting to dread the commute home (coming in is not that bad).  I did have Charlie horse pain on my thigh.  It was painful but didn't last as long as the last one...which is good.  

On Tuesday (5/29/12) I had my scheduled Bio Physical Profile (BPP) ultrasound at the OB office.  Still the same tech and she seems to remember me.  All was perfect and the baby passed the test!  The baby's head is down...so no more breech!  Yeah!  {On Saturday (5/26) we were sitting outside in the shade but it was hot out.  I started to not feel well so I left Anderson with Alex and went inside to drink some water and rest.  While I sat there for 20 minutes or so the baby moved so much!!  Then there was this big swig and I swear I could see my stomach move.  It hurt a little bit....I bet that is when the baby moved head down!.  I felt much better afterwards.}  I was happy at the ultrasound that all is well, thank God.  I hope the BPP's all go this well. 

After the ultrasound I went upstairs to see Dr, Gelinas (the wife/female, there is a married couple).  I waited an hour to see her.  They did warn me that she was very behind schedule.  Eventually I had to cancel my diabetes appointment and reschedule.  I waited what seems to be forever.  She said my sugar numbers were good and that I should test more often during the day (same as last week).  I think my sugar numbers are awesome (compared to what I recall with Anderson, I don't recall them ever being stable for fasting).  We heard the heart beat, 151.  My blood pressure is good, no mention of any weight gain issues, no protein in the urine...so good over all.  I had been so flustered waiting that I worked myself up.  I did end up telling her that I am stressed with my work schedule and the constant appointments.  Work has been very good about me working from home, but they can only take so much (and work/bosses have different priorities).  I wanted to know whether or not a note to support a reduced schedule would be something she (or any of the doctors) would give me.  And she said absolutely, whatever I wanted.  I did tell her that I don't feel like I have a bond with any of the doctors or anyone really in the office (as bad as that sounds) because I see a different doctor or nurse every visit.  She assured me that if and when I need assistance and/or a note that the doctors would agree to it.  That was a great relieve.  I was disappointed that Dr. Dennis will be leaving the practice on June 30th.  She will not be delivering the baby.  Bummer.  We still need to plan the C-section.     

I did meet with Dr. Parsegian (the diabetes doctor) this week (5/31-12) who was super impressed with my numbers!  He said I am doing perfect!  He said he wants to see me 6 weeks after the baby is born!!  Wow.  He did say that after the baby is born he will probably suggest I go on metformin.  I guess we wait and see. 

Medications:  Again, my sugar levels have been great all week so there has been no change to my insulin amounts this week!  I am pleasantly surprised (and thanking God all the time).  I still take 130 units of NPH at night time to help with the fasting numbers (with the goal of having less than 90 for fasting and less than 120 two hours after meals).  I continue to take 40 units of NPH in the morning (before breakfast).  I am sure the glass of milk and the tablespoon of peanut butter before bed is helping!  Sometimes I drink just the milk and the numbers are good!   

I continue with BP medication twice a day (no change).  I have been taking my pre-natal and DHA vitamin with dinner every day (I have been better about not forgetting).  At bedtime I take folic acid every day and Colace (for constipation).  I continue to take calcium chews occasional.  The iron supplements were doing a number on my stomach.  I think I am going to take one every other day and then two every other day (at random times [lunch] without other medications).   

Gender:  Not known.  No change.  I want to know, but I have come this far, why not hold out.  But it's decision time. We need decisions made and it is easier if we know the sex…just saying.  Alex still doesn't care (I think he knows). 

What I'm looking forward to the most:  Getting though this weekend with limited stress and exhaustion.  Maintaining good sugar levels and getting through June.  I want my baby in my arms.                    

Worries:  Baby's health, my health and getting through the remaining weeks in good health.  Also, same as last week...Anderson's second birthday party - which is a stress inducer (as much as I try not to let it get to me).  Plus Anderson appears to have a cold, is crying more at daycare drop offs and is getting even shyer around people.  This is going to be a great party.   

What is different this time around:  The sugar levels...I'm so happy right now. 

Miss Anything?  A relaxing drink...I seem to think this every day and that worries me! 

Movement:   Same as last week.  I still feel the kicks, but not as much as before.  I still love the kicks, as a reminder to me that the baby is ok.   The baby kicks more at night.  

Labor Signs:  None.  Continue to feel Braxton Hicks (hard belly) occasionally - more at night and when I don't drink enough water.       

Best moment of the week:  No more breech and my sugar readings.  Also my wonderful friend Dina said that I look like I am glowing and that pregnancy agrees with me.  WOW.  The nurse last week said I do not look 40, more like 25!  Wow I will take it.  I also enjoyed going to mall with my mom to do some much need maternity clothes shopping.  We got a pair of shorts and three tops!  Yeah. 

Big Brother moment of the week:  Anderson will be two year's old on Monday June 4, 2012.  Happy Birthday sunshine.  Anderson still doesn't get it, that a baby will be living with us soon.  I keep telling him.  We talk about baby all the time.  I told Anderson that he is going to be a big brother and he is going to play with baby and teach baby lots of stuff - and Anderson says YEAH...really excitedly.  Ohhhh, be still my beating heart. 

FIVE WEEKS TO GO!!  Three weeks until full term!  Praying for another good week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment