Thursday, June 14, 2012

36 Weeks - Plugging along

How far along?  36 weeks (6/14/12)

Total weight gain:  Up eight pounds total – I thnk I was afraid to look.    
  
Size of baby:   Honeydew (According to the Bump)



Milestones (What Baby Center Says:):
Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement.

At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.) Most likely she's in a head-down position. But if she isn't, your practitioner may suggest scheduling an "external cephalic version," which is a fancy way of saying she'll try to coax your baby into a head-down position by manipulating her from the outside of your belly.

Maternity clothes?  Mostly maternity at this point.  Today - I am wearing a maternity top (new bold blue with white strips with long maternity black slacks).       

Food cravings or aversions:  Sweet cravings are back full force.  Ugghhh.   

Sleep:  Sleep has been good this week.  Starting to get more uncomfortable.  My pillows are still doing their job and help with the comfort level.       

Symptoms:  The pain in my lower back (and butt) has gone away!!  Yeah.  The pain in my ankle has past as well, YEAH.  I know the pain had more to do with exhaustion than anything else.  I took it easy this past week.  And with my note to disconnect from work I spent a few days working from home (that helped).  I do have swollen feet and some days are worse than others.  The days that I walk, the swelling is LESS.  Go figure.  The doctors do not seem too concerned.    The pelvis pain is still there but is minimal.   I am also feeling more pain when I get up from sitting in a chair.  That pain goes away pretty quickly. My sugar numbers are still pretty good (yeah) but I have to really watch it as it will creep up if I keep eating CANDY.   (This morning was my first higher reading in a while – fasting equal 99). 

I have noticed that I feel very tired around 10-11 am.  I just need to stop and take a nap.  At work I fight to stay awake (and sometimes fall asleep, yikes).  At home I usually rest.  I feel tired by the afternoon (4 pm).  I have been leaving work early, and that helps. 

On Friday (6/8/2012) I went to Salem's birthplace for a Non Stress Test.  They made me wait SO LONG.  I thought they forgot about me.  They make you wait in the lobby, then they take you in the room and you wait there forever too.  Headache city.  I was so bored and annoyed, that my mind races to horrible stressful thoughts.  I had such a headache after I left.  The nurses were in transition (which I think caused the delay, who knows really).  Everything was fine with the baby, and I didn't even have to see the doctor this time.  I literally had to go home and lay down - that is how bad my headache was. 

Tuesday (6/12/12) I had my scheduled Bio Physical Profile (BPP) ultrasound at the OB office (still the same tech).  Vovo and Anderson came this time!!  Fun.  Anderson was obsessed with the fish they have in the office.  The ultrasound went well, the baby passed the test (best score you can get 8 out of 8)!  The baby is no longer breech, the head is down (I think, I forgot to ask, but the nurse upstairs said not breech).   Anderson watched the screen and smiled...but I'm not too sure he knew what was going on. 

After the ultrasound I went upstairs to see the nurse.  This appointment was quick, but at this point Anderson was ready to go (so my mom left the room as the nurse found the heartbeat).  The nurse is nice and all, she seems capable but she started to question why I had an ultrasound and a NST on the same day (next week).  Why don't you have the tech downstairs do a growth ultrasound?  I don't know, you tell me is what I tried to say - but couldn't get the words out because I was annoyed.  She said Beth would call me (two days later and no call, so I will have to call and follow up).  I like continuity in my visits, and sometimes I don't feel that way with the practice.  It may be because I have complicated, non routine factors in my pregnancy, or it could be because not everyone is on the same page in the practice....
All is status quo (blood pressure was good, sugars, protein, heart beat, etc).   I did have the bacteria swab 'down there' to check for the bacteria - just in case I go into labor and have a vaginal birth.  Not fun.     

Medications:  Again, my sugar levels have been good so there has been no change to my insulin amounts this week!  Thank you GOD!  I still take 130 units of NPH at night time to help with the fasting numbers (with the goal of having less than 90 for fasting and less than 120 two hours after meals).  I continue to take 40 units of NPH in the morning (before breakfast).  I continue with the glass of milk and the occasional tablespoon of peanut butter before bed (I swear this helps).  I continue with BP medication twice a day (no change).  I have been taking my pre-natal and DHA vitamin with dinner every day (I have been better about not forgetting).  At bedtime I take folic acid every day and Colace (for constipation).  I continue to take calcium chews occasionally.  The iron supplements are still once a day (at lunch time). 

Gender:  Not known.  No change.  Why didn't I just find out?  I'm so annoyed that we have not organized the newborn clothes, or set up the closet or anything.  Alex thinks we can do this after the baby is born.  I think this will just mount to more stress when the baby arrives.  Ugh.  This weekend I will try to put Anderson's winter clothes away.  I am also determined to have a boy name chosen this week (and I need to stop thinking about a girls name as we have already agreed to Juliana).  I really liked Mason Alexander, but come to find out the whole world is naming their kid Mason (because of Mason Kardashian).  Naming this baby is top priority!  I'm liking Alexander as a middle name...just need a first name that goes with Alexander.       

What I'm looking forward to the most:   Having my body back.  I want to get down on the floor and play with Anderson, I want to get out of bed comfortably, sleep on my side, walk comfortably, etc.  Also, the anticipation is starting to get to me.  I just want to have the baby, know that all is ok and get on with our summer (and being a family of four). 

Worries:  We have a date set for the c-section (7-5-12) so the anticipation of the arrival is weighing heavily on me.  I have visions of dropping off Anderson at daycare and going to the hospital.  That drop off and the day prior (4th of July) is going to be really stressful.  I start to tear up just thinking about it.  I know all will work out, but a little part of me knows there are risks to everything (and I have to put a stop to those dark visions).  I have to stop thinking about negative things and just focus on the positives, about God's blessings, how wonderful everything will turn out, and how this is GOOD for Anderson, etc.  I also have a list of to do items...I need to get them done and focus on preparing our home, Anderson and taking care of my body.  No more worrying!! 

What is different this time around:  Honestly, we haven't done much to prepare for this baby (except for all my doctor appointments).  This so different than with Anderson because the second baby is going to use everything we already own (and we owned nothing the first time around).  Since we didn't find out the gender last time we got everything neutral.  It's so much easier than last time (I stressed last time over the smallest things - like if we had enough socks - we ended up NOT having enough socks but within a day someone came over with a dozen pairs).  I have stuff everywhere, we just need to coral it, clean it, and set it up.  I have a little list of things the baby needs and have already bought diapers!  I know Daddy is going to need to run some errands when he is home that first week, so he will pick up anything we need (I remember him going all over town - and out of town - in search of a big blue dog to take pictures with Anderson).  The stress level is so much different than with the first baby!  I remember feeling overwhelmed after the baby shower...so much stuff to put away and set up. 

Miss Anything?  Mimosa during my Baby Sprinkle Brunch this past weekend.    My favorite girls got together and planned a surprise party to celebrate Baby #2.  These ladies are so wonderful and nice and full of love for me and my baby.  There were 12 of us, just enough to make it fun!  They each brought a little something for the baby or for me and we all had a great brunch. 

Movement:  I still feel the kicks and I love it.  Not as frequent as before, but some good jabs.  

Labor Signs:  None.  Continue to feel Braxton Hicks (hard belly) occasionally - more at night when I am tired.   

Best moment of the week:  I enjoyed a relatively calm week after a busy week of birthday celebrations.  Relaxing in comparison...   

Big Brother moment of the week:  Anderson kissing my belly.  So cute.  He is also hugging a lot more and wants to hug the baby.    

THREE WEEKS TO GO!!  One week until full term!  I need guidance and prayer to get over my fears and to help eat well and to have a good week overall.  God listen to my prayer please.  Pray, pray, pray for another good week.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment