Friday, February 17, 2012

Week 19 Update


How far along? 19 weeks

Total weight gain: 1 pound (no update)

Size of baby:  Mango according Mango according to the bump - for week 19.

 

Milestones (What the BabyCenter says:):

Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.
Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.
See what your baby looks like this week.
Maternity clothes?  Not Yet. Belly seems ready for some maternity clothes!   

Food cravings or aversions: Chocolate, sweets in general (I'm sure that has to do with Valentine's day!).  My appetite  is back and craving sweets. 
  
Sleep: Was good this week.  Nasal congestion is finally better!  I am still using a pillow to prop me and I am sleeping in the upright position (nearly sitting) and putting the long pillow on my side.  It seems to cradel my belly and I feel comfortable.      

Symptoms: This week has been pretty good.  I feel good, not too tired.  Still some belly hardening at night (I think it is trying to tell me REST, STOP).   I occasionally get sharp pains on the lower left side of my abodomen (very painful) when I cough or sit for too long.  Walking helps.  The treadmill/walking is still not back to 100% but I know I hve to get back to it.  

Medications: I am currently taking 56 units of NPH at night time to help with the fasting numbers.     BP medication twice a day. 

Gender: No idea yet.  Should we find out???  I am so torn.  I want the surprise.  But I want to know!!  UGH.  Feb 21 is decision day.  If the ultrasound were today, I would NOT find out because I can't wait to call everyone once the baby is born to let them know. .      

What I'm looking forward to the most:  Same as last week...A health anatomy scan, better sugar numbers.  Holding the baby in my arms.  Plus eating some sweets (skittles and caramel and chocolate).   

Worries: That I can be a good mom to both my children.  I want to raise happy healthy well rounded children who become productive members of society and loving/happy/successful adults.  Is that too much to ask?  Can I do it?   So much on my shoulders.      

What is different this time around: Last time I was wearing maternity clothes around this time.  I am almost ready to get those maternity jeans and just might pull them out this weekend.            

Miss Anything? Nope.  Maybe tonight I will miss wine when we have dinner with a friend.  And tomorrow I will miss having dessert during date night...and miss the wine during dinner.     

Movement:   Not yet.  
Labor Signs: Nothing.  Had a couple of “hard belly” moments.     

Looking forward to:  Tuesday's scan!!  Holding my two babies.  OH boy. 

Best moment of the week Getting over this cold.  Getting a Valentine's day card from both my babies!  So much love I think I may bust!!

No comments:

Post a Comment