Thursday, February 2, 2012

Week 17 for BABY B part Deux

How far along? 17 weeks

Total weight gain: 4 pounds (have not weighed in this week)

Size of baby:  Turnip according to Baby Center.

Milestones (What the BabyCenter says:):

Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.

Maternity clothes?  Not Yet.  (Clothes do feel a bit tighter, stomach seems “fuller and harder” – first time I noticed a pouch in my bully!)

Food cravings or aversions: None.  I did have days that I felt very hungry – increased appetite.    

Sleep: Continues to be un-restful.  I continue to have weird dreams and I wake up so frequently to pee.  My nose is still blocked (worse than ever).  I am using a pillow to prop me up because of my stuffy nose.  I really need a good night sleep.   

Symptoms: Bloating has been better this week (!), aches and pains in the belly area seem a bit better(!), but every once in a while I get sharp pains on the lower left hand side of my ab (very painful).  The end of the day sleepiness seems a bit better this week too.  (Maybe I feel better because I have been trying to walk on the treadmill lately.  I'm glad to have started that, but I find myself dragging myself on, but feeling good after.)  

Gender: No idea yet.  No strong feeling either way.  Still not sure if I want to find out.  Feb 21 is decision day.  If the ultrasound were today, I would not find out.     

What I'm looking forward to the most:  A health anatomy scan, better sugar numbers.  Holding the baby in my arms. 

Worries: Insulin and diabetes.  I would like to stabilize my sugar readings (especially in the am fasting).  I would like to eat better and work on my diet to avoid a lot of this.  This week I have not had any sugary treats (like skittles, ice cream, etc).  I feel like my body has gone through withdrawals.  Funny how your body craves them less if you don't give in to the cravings!  I have to work on pasta and rice next...

What is different this time around: I worry on the effects of the new baby on Anderson (but I am getting better about it!).  I wonder if they will be friends and if Anderson will want to kiss the baby as soon as his the baby is born or will he be stand offish?  I feel I was more disciplined with sugar testing last time.  I am finally getting into a routine of testing my sugars more routinely (but I have to still get better).     

Miss Anything? Not really, but at a recent party at my neighbors house – I could have used a nice glass of Sangria…My favorite.  Also we went out for dinner on Sunday and I nice mixed drink would have been nice.  

Movement: None yet. 

Labor Signs: Nothing.  No severe pains like last week.  

Looking forward to: Feeling some baby movement!

Best moment of the week:  Teaching Anderson that there is a baby in mommy’s belly!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment