Monday, April 4, 2011

Let the Planning Begin

We have started to plan Anderson's first birthday bash (and by we I mean ME). It's going to be big. Bigger than what I would like, but it's a day to celebrate and it is hard to cut out people from the list and not go overboard. I wish we could have two parties...one for family and one for friends...but that sounds like double the work.

I am going to try and make it about Anderson and celebrating his first year ... and me surviving his first year!! I take being his Mommy so serious. I take parenting Anderson seriously. I take shaping who he will become seriously...this will be the outlet for fun. I want to have fun with the baby and create some happy memories!!

I just know the baby will be overwhelmed with so much stimulation and will most likely cry. It is bound to happen, even for social babies (which Anderson is NOT, we are going through separation anxiety and stranger anxiety, BIG time). That is my biggest dilemma right now. We will have one quiet corner of the party to take him to once in a while (plus grandma has already said she would hold him! We will make sure if she gets too stimulated to take him to a quiet spot).

As for themes. I am leaning on Barnyard Bash...lots of cows, pigs, horses...and a big ole' picnic. My only wish is to make the cake. I have never made a cake before (decorated one for a party I mean)...so we will see how much time is left over for me to make a cake (I doubt it will happen).

I don't want to go overboard, with games and decorations and such...but I do want to have some splashes of fun everywhere and have a cohesive look.

There will definitely be lots of photos of the little guy...I've taken a photo every single day since he was born! 

Stay tuned for more updates!!  I need to look at this as fun - NOT stress over the work and decisions!  Fun Fun Fun.    
I should start working on the photo banner NOW, since I already feel behind.   

No comments:

Post a Comment