Monday, March 26, 2012

Week 24 - little late but here I am!!

How far along? 24 weeks

Total weight gain: No change. Next week we see the doctor again...  
  
Size of baby:   Grapefruit (According to the Bump)


Milestones (What BabyCenter says:):
Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

Maternity clothes?  I wore a maternity shirt this week!  Same shirt I wore plenty of times while pregnant with Anderson!  Still wearing all my regular clothes, they are getting snug and the shirts are getting short.   

Food cravings or aversions: The cravings have continued to be relatively calm, but I still crave sweets (especially at night).  Still no aversions that I can recall...     
  
Sleep:  Continue to sleep in the upright position (propped with pillows) and alternating with sleeping on my left side with the full body pillow.  Pretty much no change from last week.            

Symptoms:  Early this week was difficult with belly hardening and pain (especially on Monday - but walking helped).  I have also had bathroom (or lack thereof) issues.  I finally ate some prunes (one day), took some Metamucil (the next) and stopped my prenatal for one day (on the third day) and that seemed to work. I have to be more consistent with the fiber and walking! 

Medications: I am currently taking 82 units of NPH at night time to help with the fasting numbers.  The goal is still to have less than 90 for fasting and less than 120 two hours after meals.  This week has been very good and most of my fasting numbers have been around 90!   BP medication twice a day (no change). 

Gender:  Still not finding out.  But I am curious.  I have no strong feelings if it is a boy or a girl.  Just be strong and grow and be healthy!! 

What I'm looking forward to the most:  Knowing if it is a boy and girl and then going shopping!!  And a healthy baby, of course...      

Worries: This week has been a lot better with my insecurities.  I'm not sure why I am also doubting myself.  I know once this baby comes I will have to make some changes and work out a new system with two babies, but live will be normal again once we have a routine down.  Repeat, Repeat...  
 
What is different this time around:  Focus has been a lot more on incorporating new baby to life with a toddler...as opposed to being incorporating a baby into a babyless home...both huge changes. 
Miss Anything?  Nothing.  Life is good.             

Movement:   Yes, lots! I love it.  I can't wait for Daddy to feel the baby (and maybe Anderson - he may freak).  My little miracle at work.          

Labor Signs: None. Other than Monday the hard belly has been ok.   

Best moment of the week:  Feeling better after my long walk on Monday...I was in some pain but it went away after a nice walk, thank goodness.  Also being outside during the lovely weather and seeing all the kids outside...I love it!  Soon there will be one more added to the mix!      I also sang to the baby in the car (with the music nice and loud) - that was fun! 

Big Brother moment of the week:  The weather was unseasonable warm this week.  All the neighbors were out and about on our block and it was fun seeing everyone.  My neighbor has a little boy who is 10 months old and I held him.  Once Anderson saw me, que the water works!  He SOBBED.  I tried to show him the baby (he loves babies and loves to say hi) but he was not having it.  Ugh.  He is going to have a hard time with his sibling.  Praying that it all goes smoothly...

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment